Sustainable Finance Project Officer
WWF(세계자연기금)의 Sustainable Finance Project Officer는 인류와 자연이 조화를 이루는 미래를 구축하기위하여 WWF의 6개 글로벌 목표(기후∙에너지, 담수, 산림, 식량, 야생동물, 해양)의 달성을 가속하는것을 목표로, 지속가능한 금융으로의 전환에관하여 활동하게 됩니다.
지속가능한 발전에 부합하도록 금융 흐름의 방향을전환하고자 운영되는 Global Sustainable Finance Program을바탕으로, 금융 관련 규제 및 가이드라인 관련 제언, 기준 설립지원, 역량 강화 프로그램 운영 등 국내 정책제언 및 다양한이해관계자(은행, 기관투자자, 규제기관, 증권거래소 등)와의소통이 주요 업무에 포함됩니다.
Sustainable Finance Practice에 소속되어 국내∙외 Program and Partnership 팀과 긴밀히 협력하며 일하게 됩니다.
WWF has identified the finance sector as a key driver of global economic activity with which we must engage to successfully deliver on our long-term conservation mission.
To do this, we work with key finance sector players including banks, investors, regulators, stock exchanges, across six focus areas:
1. Regulations & Guidelines: We provide recommendations & facilitate dialogue between regulatory authorities & financial institutions (FIs) to raise the bar for sustainable finance at the national & regional level.
2. Standards: We help FIs understand what makes certain standards & certification schemes credible, to help them ensure that their due diligence & verification processes assure robust sustainability practices.
3. Capacity Building: We empower FIs through ESG capacity building in both industry-wide workshops & bilateral training sessions. Our trainings cover a range of thematic focus areas, help FIs to better assess & price risk, value companies, develop new products.
4. Research & Tools: We conduct research, develop best practice guides, benchmark FIs’ progress on ESG integration to ensure timely progress towards a resilient & sustainable financial system. We also help FIs to understand & implement cutting-edge tools so they can better understand, measure, manage evolving ESG risks & opportunities.
5. Engagement: We support investors to engage with their portfolio companies & exert their influence & facilitate large scale, meaningful change.
6. Green Financial Solutions: We work with FIs to support the development of innovative green financial solutions based on science-based criteria that create measurable environmental & social impacts alongside competitive financial returns.
The new officer will work with Korea conservation & partnership team.
He/she will develop the Korea finance practice strategy, policy guidance with regulators, research on emerging sustainable finance issues, engagement, capacity building, advocacy with financial institutions, the development of suitable risk management tools, the development of new financial products that support sustainable development.
He/she will work with WWF Asia Sustainable Finance Hub & conservation experts across the network.
Strategy development & financial market transformation:
Develop Korea Finance practice strategy to identify priority FIs for engagement to secure public commitments that incorporate sustainability into corporate practices in order to shift industry-wide norms & SOPs.
Stakeholder outreach & relationship management:
Manage bilateral relationships with key investors (asset owners, asset managers), banks, stock exchanges, government ministries, etc.
to mobilize finance sector players to leverage their power as shareholders, lenders, regulators to drive change in corporate behaviour.
Campaigns related to sustainable finance policy advocacy:
Constructively engage with financial regulators & finance industry associations to advocate for the development, adoption, implementation of more robust sustainable finance regulations.
In some cases, directly support the development of these regulations and/or provide input & feedback on regulations being developed.
Conduct research on ESG issues & sustainability disclosures & asses/benchmark FIs’ extent of ESG integration.
Manage the design & writing of reports & guides to be used to engage FIs.
Build capacity for finance sector professionals on how to integrate ESG risks & opportunities into their purpose, policies, processes, staffing decisions, product development & portfolio evaluations.
Work with WWF commodity, climate & water experts to distill insights & knowledge into guidance for the finance sector.
Manage relationships with mainstream finance, sustainable finance, sustainability-focused media outlets.
Write & publish research papers, blog articles, opinion pieces.
Participate in key sustainable finance conferences by speaking on panels & presenting WWF research & tools to raise awareness throughout the region on pressing natural capital & sustainable finance issues.
Fund raising, budgeting, reporting: Develop fund raising proposals & try to secure long-term funding.
Assist in monitoring, evaluating, budgeting & reporting of project performance against planned objectives & deliverables & milestones.
· Relevant educational qualifications, Master’s Degree preferred, in either finance, economics / environment management;
· Minimum 4 years working experience in the area of finance, consulting / sustainability, experience working with corporates is preferred
· Understanding of how environmental concerns relate to material business risks & opportunities;
· Knowledge of the finance sector levers for change as they relate to sustainability;
· Ability to analyze ESG issues & to effectively communicate these to FI partners;
· Ability to prioritize & operate under tight deadlines;
· Ability to work independently & proactively;
· Excellent oral & written communication skills;
· Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined & Engaging.
Internal: reports to senior director of conservation & partnership, collaborates with conservation & partnership team, communication team, fundraising team, finance & administration team, works with relevant colleagues in the network
External: With financial institutions, regulators, stock exchanges, responsible finance platforms & consultants
1 year fixed term