Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Republic of Korea (RoK), and in coordination with relevant units at the Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office (RO), the successful candidate will provide technical support for the development and implementation of specific thematic activities at mission level as illustrated in the core functions and responsibility section.
1. Position Title: Policy and Communications Coordinator
2. Duty Station: Seoul, Republic of Korea
3. Job Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
4.Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST), Nine months with possibility of extension
5. Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
6. Closing Date: October 24, 2019 7. Core Functions and Required Qualifications: refer to the attached Vacancy Notice