유엔거버넌스센터 (United Nations Project Office on Governance, UNPOG) 인턴 공고
유엔거버넌스센터는 현재 INTERN - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION 직위공모를 진행중에 있는 바, 관심있는 분들은 아래 사항을 참고하시기 바랍니다.
직위: UNPOG Intern – Public Administration
주요업무 및 자격요건: 직무기술서 참고
마감기한: 9월 1일 자정 (한국시간)
근무지: 인천 송도 G타워
지원방법: firstname.lastname@example.org로 유엔표준이력서(P11) 및 영문 커버레터 제출
자세한 내용은 홈페이지 (http://unpog.org/)참고 바랍니다.
- 아래 -
Job Title: INTERN - PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, I
Department/ Office: Department of Economic and Social Affairs/United Nations Project Office on Governance (UNPOG)
Duty Station: Incheon, Republic of Korea
Application Deadline: 1 September 2019
Duration: 3 months (extendable up to 6 months)
Start Date: In mid-September 2019
A completed application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Graduate/Undergraduate Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you be graduating from the programme? In case you already have graduated, when did your graduate?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Project Office on Governance (UNPOG) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs internship is for three months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the office.
UNPOG is under the supervision of the Division for Public Administration and Development Management of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Daily responsibilities will depend on individuals’ background and expertise; especially the needs of the office during the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing research support in thematic issues as related to good governance for sustainable development, including building transparent, accountable, participatory and inclusive institutions and institutional arrangements;
- Providing support during conferences and capacity development workshops, including general administrative matters and coordinating tasks;
- Providing support in coordinating and conducting outreach activities;
- Assisting in maintaining the UNPOG website and information management; and
- Performing other duties as requested.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be
‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
The intern is expected to:
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and
- above) and, if selected, must commence the internship either prior to graduation or within one year of graduation from an academic programme. Applicants who are unable to commence the internship within one year of graduation shall not be accepted.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Area of study must be in public administration, international policy, political science, development economics, or quantitative sciences (Engineering, Informatics, Mathematics or Physics) or related fields.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the Internship Programme. Knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs (Charter of the United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Please submit your cover letter and personal history form (P11) to email@example.com by 1 September 2019.
별첨 1. 유엔표준이력서 (P11). 끝.