EAAFP Internship programme Programme Assistant
The East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) is an informal and voluntary Partnership that serves as the key international framework to enhance collaboration for the conservation of migratory waterbirds and the sustainable use of their habitats along the East Asian-Australasian Flyway (EAAF). Currently, the EAAFP has 39 Partners made up of governments, international organizations, NGOs and the private sector.The Secretariat of the EAAFP is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea and conducts a range of activities coordinating the day to day work of the EAAFP (e.g. communication with international and local Partners, liaising with the host country and city, organization of workshops, raising awareness for the public, fundraising activities, organization of the Meetings of Partners (MOPs) every two years. The main operating language of the Secretariat is English.
2. Job deion
Position title: Programme Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed-term (6 months) (Negotiable)
Work percentage: 100% (full time)
Work hours: 09:30 – 18:30
Expected starting date: Dec 2020 (Negotiable)
Reporting to: Programme Officer, Chief Executive
Supervisor: Programme Officer
A small amount of monthly allowance may be given
3. Duties and responsibilities
EAAFP is seeking a highly motivated individual for a full-time internship position of Programme Assistant. This assignment will include but not limited to following responsibilities:
1) Site Information Analysis and Management Support: Preparing and updating the data sheets and related tion to support the new nomination procedure of Flyway Network Sites (FNS) and their updates; searching conservation issues and news of FNS – threats in particular;
2) Documentation and Coordination Support: Preparing and providing EAAFP meeting/events including agenda, program, minutes and supporting ; Assisting preparation of supporting for side meetings at global events such as CMS COP, IUCN WCC, CBD COP, Ramsar COP, EAAFP MOP and etc; Keep all meeting/event organised in the archive folder and all online updated;
3) Website Management Support: Maintaining and improving the contents of the programmatic relevant pages e.g. Partners, Management Committee, Technical Sub- Committee, Flyway Network Site, Small Grant Fund for Working Group and Task Forces and etc;
4) Meetings & Projects & Translation Support: Assisting/Coordinating in preparation of briefing note, meeting agenda, program, minutes and logistic; providing translation and simultaneous interpreting; providing translations of English and Korean (or other languages) for meetings and events and news articles;
5) Recruitment Support: Coordinating the recruitment process of new programme team intern/volunteer; preparing administrative for internal review, interview and final selection; responding to inquiries from applicants/candidates; providing a brief introduction of Internship Programme to selected candidates and new interns;
6) Team Support – Other duties
Administrative Support: Dealing with daily administrative work, such as preparing correspondence, sending mails, meeting preparation.
Research and website management support: Update and maintain the EAAFP website, blog and social media channels.
※ Intern’s duties can be reviewed and changed after probationary period of one month
4. Educational Requirements, Minimum Qualifications & Credentials
Enrolled university students or graduates majoring in environment, natural resource management, geographic information systems, international relations, policy and/or related fields.
As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
Well-developed computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
5. Application Information
Due to the high volume of applications received, after shortlisting only successful candidates will be invited to interview.
A candidate must prove that she/he has a valid visa in the Republic of Korea during the internship period.
6. How to apply
Those who are interested in working for an international organisation in environment and nature conservation area can submit the set of listed below through email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 December 2020 (Sunday). For selected applicants, the online interview will be arranged on 15 December 2020 (Tuesday).
EAAFP Internship Application Form
A personal statement: Describe your motivations, reason for applying and career goal (up to one page).
A sponsorship letter (if you have a sponsor to this programme)
A reference letter when requested.